Monday 12 November 2007

Sleeplessness

I don't sleep much to begin with so when I miss a night's snoozing I get extra grumpy.

Friday I went into the office expecting some colleagues to have sent me 2 pieces of finished work. One I never received and I couldn't reach him on the phone. The other sent me something but it wasn't what I wanted. Both items were needed for a meeting I have tomorrow.

Last night I sat up most of the night tossing and turning agonising over these 2 missing/inaccurate items. I would read to take my mind off of it and as soon as I got sleepy I would turn out the light and lay my head down. within 5 minutes I had to turn the lights back on and return to my reading because my head started spinning with all the things I needed to do on Monday morning.

I hate that!

This morning I was up at 5 am and out the door by 6:30. I was in the office before 7 am. I spoke to both colleagues this morning before 8:30 and we had completed both items by midday. I had absolutely no reason to stress out last night. But I didn't know that then.

I'll sleep like a log tonight. I hope.

2 comments:

Janell said...

I know about that tossing and agonising - and it almost always turns out that I needen't have worried! When will I learn?

LaDawn said...

Slept like a log.