Tuesday 30 January 2007

A Tribute

A great woman once told me "Behind every working mother is a very fragile set of circumstances". This women went on to be my childminder, a very prestigious position which carries grave responsibilities. I knew from the moment she said this that this was the person to whom I should be entrusting the care of my children.

Jacqui Barrett is our amazing childminder and, in short, our lives just wouldn't work without her. She copes with our ever changing schedules. Nothing is ever too much trouble. She picks Abigail up at pre-school in the middle of the day. She takes Abigail to ballet classes. She throws Christmas parties at her home. She gives great birthday presents. She drops Abigail off at our house. She looks after Sebastian during school holidays. She kisses cuts and bruises. She gives encouragement. She has been a partner in the job of raising our children respecting our parental requests and style. She makes a wicked cup of tea when I've come round after a long, hard day at the office. She makes me laugh.

But first and foremost, she loves my children the same way I love them.

I don't think I say thank you enough. So, Jacqui, if your reading this, "THANK YOU!".

If you have someone helping you raise your children say thank you. Their responsibility is as great as yours and they deserve our gratitude.

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

Sorry Jackie, I misspelled your name! That doesn't mean I love you any less!