Thursday 2 August 2007

Melt Down

Yesterday I had a major meltdown.

I had a mental and emotionally exhausting day at the office. I got home and just simply didn't have the energy to give anything to anyone. I had a wave of panic as I realised that not only did I not know what I was going to make for dinner, I had not motivation to figure it out. Handing my children a packet of crisps (potato chips) to postpone the inevitable pangs of hunger was not one of my proudest mothering moments.

I felt like I had nothing left to give. To anyone. I cried. For about 4 hours.

The children got grilled cheese sandwiches. I took a long hot bath, read a book for several hours and went to bed.

This morning I awoke and realised the sun had risen in the east. Dang.

I feel better today. I'm still grumpy. Let's see what the sun does tomorrow morning.

No comments: