Sunday 6 January 2008

I Don't Do Resolutions

I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions. They're ok for some but for me they just simply don't serve any purpose.

They force people to focus on all the things they don't do or do wrong or need to do or should have been doing all along. quite frankly, I don't need that kind of pressure. I'm hard enough on myself all year long.

I think New Year should be a time to focus on our strengths; a time to give ourselves a big high five and congratulate the fact that we've made it through another year.

Life is good but life is tough. If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing. But I don't need a New Year's resolution telling me that I've been doing it all wrong and that next year new year I will look back and I realise I still am doing it wrong.

So instead I celebrate the year I survived and the year that I have yet to face.

overlooking my life so far in my life i had accumulated many things in my head...too many things! memories, tunes, facts, fears, visions, loves...etc etc...as many as possible in a fertile mind such thing will interbreed, mongrel visions are born...hybrid memories...inbred, idiot love...it gets very confusing i decided it was time for a good cleanup so i emptied it all out of my head and pushed it up in a big heap to sort it our there it was...everything that was me, all in a big jumbled heap, I walked around it. what a mess..! then suddenly i saw it in silhouette and realised what it was...it was a heap...a simple heap! you don't sort it out...you climb it...you climb it because it is there... excitedly i clambered to the summit and raised a flag. i was now looking beyond everything that i knew. the view was simply magnificent

NOTE: I wish I knew who wrote this. I have kept it as a book mark for over 20 years. I have tried to google it but cannot find the author.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Great attitude! I like your annonymous quote. Wish I'd said that!