Tuesday 24 July 2007

Night on Notice





We are not flooded this morning. Marc went and checked out the river in the other direction last night before going to bed and it is a bit higher. Sorry the photos are dark. He took them just after 9 pm.
I didn't sleep well last night and kept waking up every couple of hours to look out the window. Luckily it remained dry. The are loads of different reports and I'm confused about what to expect. I understand that a further surge is expected later this morning in Oxfordshire, Reading should peak tomorrow morning and that here in Old Windsor (search on Old Windsor when you get the google map) we will get a surge on Thursday.

Today the sun is shining but more rain is forecast for Wednesday and Thursday. I suppose we keep everything on higher ground and don't travel too far from home. Luckily I just work down the road and Marc will be working from home to monitor the situation.

1 comment:

Janell said...

So glad to see that you are okay so far. I stayed up late last night to catch flood news, but they were oly covering Oxfordshire. Keeping those prayers going for you!