Wednesday 18 July 2007

YouTube

I just happen to think that YouTube is one of the greatest things ever! I love that I can share videos with friends and family. And I love they can share them with me. I love that I can laugh at and learn from videos from all over the world. People's creativity is always astounding.

I blogged previously about a YouTube video called The Machine is Us. This was put together by Michael Wesch, a professor at Kansas State University. I found this video just when I started blogging and was completely in the dark about Web 2.0 and the social networking aspects of the internet. I've since discovered LinkedIn, FaceBook, Digg, Technorati and the wonderful world of the blogosphere.

Wesch's digital ethnography class is doing a study of Youtube that is absolutely fascinating. Check it out. Do it. You might learn something.

When I watched, I discovered loads of things about YouTube I didn't know. I share a couple of those here.

Most watched video





Most inspirational video (my personal favourite)




Most educational
Part 1



Part 2


Part 3

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

Did anyone anywhere watch these? Was this post a complete waste of time?