Saturday 21 July 2007

A Twitch

When my father drives he twitches. Not just during his driving actually.

He plays with the wedding band on his finger like he's constantly checking that it is there. Twisting the fingers on either side of his ring finger he pushes the ring back into place (not that it fell out of place). And he raises his left shoulder and tucks his ear down to meet it.

And he doesn't watch the road when he drives. He talks about everything that's going by outside the car windows. And he'll be looking at you and out the window and pointing to things. And only occasionally does he glance out the window to look straight ahead at the road he is driving on. This means he swerves sometimes to correct his course and prevent the car from landing in the ditch.

It used to make me nervous, all this twitching and not watching. I don't think he realises he does it. But, as he would be quick to point out, we have never NEVER ended up in the ditch.

I wonder if I've got a twitch.....

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I have the twitch when I drive and while reading at the computer. I have been wondering if it is Parkenson's (sp?).