1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping with lots of ribbons (really not very climate friendly)
2. Real or fake tree? Fake but only because dogs, children carpet & cats just don't mix with real trees!
3. When do you put up the tree? Dec 1
4. When do you take the tree down? Jan 2
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.....the more rum the better
6. Favorite gift received as a child? cannot remember any gifts received as a child except a snuggle bag all 5 of us received. Mum must have found a bargain!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Anthony, my brother-in-law
8. Easiest person to buy for? Abigail....I can't stop myself!
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Croqueted ear-warmers that looked more like nipple warmers. But, it is the thought that counted.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, hand addressed with personal message to everyone (otherwise what's the point?)
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? all year long
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes but not anymore!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Prime Rib, popcorn balls
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Coloured, lots of them
16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh but there are so many....The Christmas Song (aka)Chestnuts
Roasting on an Open Fire, I Wonder as I Wander, Blue Christmas (Elvis), Do You Hear What I Hear, Over the River and Through the Woods (we used to sing this on the way home from Nanny's).......(My husband hates Christmas music!)
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes + Rudolph
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Used to be a star, then my son made an angel when he was in Nursery and that has taken pride of place for the last 4 years
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Miss opening pressies Christmas Eve with Nanny and my Dad's family but we started a new tradition a few years ago and give each other new pajamas on Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning we rip in with a vengeance
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? So many ideas, so many parties, so much alcohol, so much great food, so little time, so close to New Year's resolutions.
22. What I love most about Christmas? Seeing the magic through the eyes of my kids, knowing that they believe in Santa (a large, bearded, old man who delivers presents to all the children in the world from a flying sleigh powered by reindeer all in one night). Blind Faith! I love it!