Friday 28 December 2007

Motherhood Quotes

A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher


"Motherhood is like Albania-- you can't trust the descriptions in books, you just have to go there yourself."
- Marni Jackson


"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
-Mark Twain


"Being a mother is like taking your heart out of your chest and watching it walk around."
- Author Unknown


"There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one."
- Jill Churchill


"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them."
- Phyllis Diller


"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground."
- Zora Neale Hurston


"A mother is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same."
- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Janell said...

One more: Motherhood is the only job you'll ever have from which you will NEVER resign.