Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Submission by Amy Waldman

I wrote a review of this book for newbooksmag which you can read here.

I was limited to 150-200 words which I found quite difficult.  My first draft of the review was over 900 words so I set to editing, which is not something I tend to be very good at. 

After re-reading what I have written there, I feel that my recommendation of this book doesn't come across strongly enough.  So I've decided to urge you, my blog audience, to go have a read of this book. 

Even now, weeks after I have finished it, I find myself haunted by the theme and the, in particular, the ending.  What does it mean?  I don't want to spoil it and give it away so I will wait patiently for at least one of you to get the book, devour it, and then let me know what they think the ending means.

You will be moved.  I promise.

PS  If you are a member of a book group, this would make a fabulous choice.  There is so much to discuss!

No comments: