Monday 15 October 2007

3 Down, 1 to Go

Last night my phone rang at 4:41 am. I have found that typically when the phone rings at that hour it is never good news.

However, I have a family who struggles with the whole concept of time zones so this is not always the case.

My sister, knowing that I would be unlikely to stay awake until the wee hours of the morning, had rang to tell me that the Colorado Rockies had won the third game in a best of seven contest for the National League Champion title and a trip to the World Series. The weak and feeble Arizona D'Backs have not managed to win a single game!

Tonight is the 4th game. A win will seal the deal and the Colorado Rockies will be headed to the World Series for the first time in franchise history. I have given them permission to ring at that insane hour once again if the news is good.

Man, am I praying for a wake up call!

No comments: