Monday 22 October 2007

Red Sox vs Rockies

My loyalties are going to be tested after the Red Sox hammered the Cleveland Indians last night and won Game 7 11-2.

The way I'm looking at this is that I can't lose! No matter who wins I will be happy.

However, I have been thinking about this long and hard and I must confess now that I am faced with the decision, I am going to have to root for the Colorado Rockies.

This team has never ever before made it to the World Series. The Sox won the series in 2004 and have been to the World Series 11 times in their long historical career.

And on Sunday night it snowed in Denver! The Rockies had to move their practice inside. Snow in Denver in October is common. Let's face it the place is 5,280 feet above sea level. But we are prepared for that. There is a ground warming system under Coors field which warms the field to 60 degrees F so any snow melts off rather quickly. And the ground crew used grow blankets which cover the grass a keeps it from freezing. There's also a drainage system which sucks the excess moisture off the field and makes it semi-dry. So weather won't be an excuse.

Game 1 is 24 October at Fenway Park. The Rockies won't be scared. When they played the Sox in June they won 2 of 3 games at Fenway!

Go Rockies!

(Go Red Sox!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldomly get upset or disappointed, but after last night... Well, what can I say.

But, its a done deal now. The better team obviously won. No sour grapes at the Reds.

This is my last comment on baseball til April of 08. I've officially tucked my tribe shirt away for the cold and dark south florida winter.

Anonymous said...

Well, almost last thing. I Blame Global Warming, Hurrican Katrina and GWB on the Indians Loss.

LaDawn said...

No, I blame the Indians loss on having the sh*t kicked out of them by a superior baseball team! They got what they deserved.

Janell said...

I wondered how long it would take for someone to blame it on Dubya!

Sue said...

Bronco's fan here. Jason Elam won another game. It was just starting to snow in the 4th quarter.
If I have to choose, I'll go with the Rockies. I like to see a new team win.
Sue

Anonymous said...

That to LA, unfortunately u r correct.