Wednesday 27 August 2008

Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

This is pure brain candy. The last couple books I've read have been heavy, thought provoking and intellectual stimulating. My brain needed a rest.

So I picked up the latest John Grisham in the Chicago airport.

This was not the typical run of the mill courtroom thriller we've come to know and predict from most Grisham novels. This is about a third rate professional football (American style) player who after getting cut (again) by his latest team takes off for an "off-off Broadway" league in Italy.

What irks me about this book is that is too is predictable. It seems to me that Grisham is incapable of coming up with anything that surprises his readers. His characters are caricatures and boring.

I'm boared with Grisham. Again.

No comments: