Friday 27 April 2007

The Love of a Child

There are few things in this world that are sweeter than the love of a child. Actually, I'm not sure there is anything sweeter than that love. Tonight I tucked my children into bed. My daughter's hands are small and pudgy. Her knuckles are dimpled inwards. But her hands and arms are strong. She is pure and sweet and innocent.

I wiped her hair from her eyes. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I rested my head on her chest. She hung on for dear life. She announced she loves me. I told her I loved her as tears welled up in my eyes. She patted my back. She released me. I kissed the tip of her nose. She laughed when I told her not to let the bed bugs bite. She told me good night. I told her sleep tight. And she closed her eyes safe in the knowledge that no harm will come to her on my watch.

No comments: