Tuesday 7 August 2007

Summer Hols Play Date

I took the day off yesterday so my children could invite some of their playmates around and enjoy the brilliant summer weather we are finally experiencing.

Ben and Grace came over for lunch with their mummy, Jane. The children then disappeared off to go play. Jane and I sat in the garden and had a relaxing adult chat for a couple of uninterrupted hours. Not completely uninterrupted but very nearly. How wonderful!

It's fabulous to actually get to the point where your children can take themselves off to the toilet or resolve their disagreements on their own without parental escalation. I was able to finish my sentences and even entire thoughts. It felt liberating and relaxing.

I was so relaxed I almost forgot I had to go to work this morning. Only 3 more days to go!

And now the packing anxiety is starting to kick in. I've got a 2 page list full of things not to forget to pack. You know I'll forget something!

No comments: