Sunday 24 June 2007

5 Favourite Things about Summer

The lazy days of summer are here! And I can't list just 5 so my list has 6.

6. Baseball doubleheaders

5. Barefoot running through the grass.

4. Naked children splashing in the pool.

3. Cooking everything on the BBQ outside and never turning on my Aga.

2. Freshly cleaned linen waving in the breeze hanging on the line.

1. Sitting on the back porch eating dinner and drinking with friends whilst watching the children chase butterflies and fireflies until the daylight disappears (which this far up in the northern hemisphere won't be until well past 10:30 pm!).

But those are just the top 6. There are so many more things I love about summer: the bells of the ice cream truck, Pimms & lemonade, thunder/lightning storms, camping, sailing in a hooley, polo, Wimbledon, Henley Rowing Regatta. Oh, this list is endless.....I could go on and on and on. I wish summer did!

No comments: