Wednesday 13 December 2006

Chrsitmas Play 2006




The highlight of the day yesterday was Sebastian's Christmas Play at school. He was a Native American Indian. OK, so you might say you don't remember there being a Native American Indian in Bethlehem but the story was that the angels of heaven were sent to all the corners of the world to find the best place for the son of God to be born. One of the places visited was a tribe of North American Indians. The smallest angel got left behind and fell asleep in a stable. God figured if the stable was good enough for his smallest angel, it was good enough for his son. But first we were treated to songs and dances from all corners of the world: China, Switzerland, Spain, Hawaii, Scotland. The children were fantastic. You could tell how hard they had worked. They knew all the words to their songs and sang them loudly. They knew all the steps to their dances. And the looks of concentration on their faces made all the parents so proud. I cried when we were reminded that the birth of Jesus is meant to bring hope to all mankind. Even if you are not a Christian, it was a touching reminder that this time of year is a time of hope: hope for peace, hope for love, hope for joy.

The Christmas performance was quickly followed by Sebastian's ballet recital. He is the only boy in the group and he only just started this term whilst the girls have been doing ballet for the last 2 years. He loves it and is not bothered by the fact that he is the only boy. He wasn't as graceful as the girls but I can't help but think that everyone is learning a lesson from him. He reminds everyone that there is a boy in the group and that he doesn't hold his skirt but puts his hands on his hips. I think I need to work with him on his positions but as long as he is having fun! Which by the kisses he was giving Amy it was clear he was enjoying himself.

Little Abigail was dragged from pillar to post. Since Jackie was ill, she went to all the performances with me and was desparate to join in particularly at the ballet recital. She kept running up to the children performing and I kept chasing her down. When we drove home from the ballet recital both children fell fast asleep in the car even though it was only 4:30 in the evening.

My Christmas shopping is nearly finished. I am extremely frustrated with American retailers making it nigh impossible for anyone outside of America to use their websites. One customer service representative on http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/ could not believe I didn't have an American bank account. She asked me why everyone didn't have one. I felt myself distinctly getting out of the Christmas spirit as the ignorance of her statement washed over me. Luckily, my sister is bailing me out of a bad situation.....thank god for PayPal! An easy way to send money anywhere in the world with a few clicks.

Today should be a day of rest. I've got a few errands to run and pressies to wrap. Maybe I'll even take a nap.....ah, but that might be too hopeful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sebby! You are quite the budding performer. We miss you.

Love Auntie Stephanie